There are six major causes of car collisions and accidents:
1. • Driver Incompetence – A great number of drivers lack the proper
training on road safety. Many of them even defy the traffic regulations
such as tailgating, speeding, and many more road rules that tend to
protect the motorist, including them, from harm.
2. • DUI Driver or Intoxication – Driving a car after drinking liquor
excessively is very dangerous, for it impairs driving capabilities. It is
illegal to operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) if your blood
alcohol concentration (BAC) is .04% or more.
3. • Distractions – Motorists are expected to exercise extreme
concentration in driving. However, so many distractions tend to divert
their attentions and make their driving too risky. Examples are active
discussions with the passengers, improper use of cell phones, texting,
loud car stereos, etc.
4. • Adverse Weather – Weather is a large factor in safe road travel.
Studies show that many car accidents occur during bad weather
conditions, making the road surfaces slippery and affecting clear
5. • Poor Road Design – The state has the obligation to make sure that
our roadways are properly designed and safe for public use. The
government sets up road safety signs and equipment. The temporary
road safety signs take priority over the permanent signage. Failure to
obey these may cause an incident or accident that risks the lives of
workers, passengers, and drivers.
6. • Vehicle Defects – Motorists and car owners should inspect and service
the vehicle prior to a trip. Taking these precautions lessens the chances
of road catastrophes.
Road safety is a message of love and only those who have true love will share it with you.