This is a topic that most don’t know or have never been taught.
Today I choose to to speak about it. I am not speaking as a final authority but I am speaking what I teach to new drivers.
Effective speed management helps both new and experienced drivers to:
- Control the vehicle well
- Travel Safely to their destinations
- Follow legal speed limits
Drivers develop a good sense of how fast or slow they are driving (am not using the word moving deliberately).
Mistakes most drivers (new drivers, experienced drivers ) do to learn speed management.
- Relying on speed meter to see how fast they are going.
- Relying too much on brakes to be able to slow down the vehicles they are driving.
- just ease up on the acceleration and the vehicle begins to decelerate.
- Look well ahead and anticipate. Be keen to see
a. Pedestrian crossing.
d. Bus stops
e. Joining lanes/exit lanes
f. Traffic lights
- Easing on the accelerator
a. Makes efficient consumption on fuel
b. Tires and brakes
- Always signal cars behind your softly with your brake lights.
IN RESIDENCE AREAS
- Drive while maintaining a safe and constant speed.
- Scan for potential hazard ( possibly children playing and coming un announced.
Road safety is a message of love and only those who have true love will share it with you.
Let’s make our roads a safer place for all road users.